Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Kitchen Fun!

When we bought our house one month ago I never would have dreamed that it would finally look like it is starting to look!  My husband took a little convincing and trusting that I saw potential in all the brown we inherited!  We started off with 90's oak cabinets and wood chair rail to floor paneling.  We were lucky that the previous owner had installed new stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops!  But, I still wanted it all white so we got to painting!  We removed all the cabinets and sanded them down.  Then, it was on to the oil based primer.  We chose Benjamin Moore's Chantilly Lace for our cabinet and trim color!  Mostly because I liked the name, but I loved how it is a crisp white with a little antique feel to it.  After two coats of that and new hardware they were done!  We used Martha Stewart's blue Enamelware for our wall color.  I have all of her blue applicances and accessories and I wanted a color that would be a little bit lighter than those.  This color was perfect for that!  We thought about tackling the panel but when it came down to time and energy we wanted the brown gone ASAP so we hired a wonderful painter/handyman/does-it-all contractor, Al Davis with Davis Service to do all the panel and trim!  When I walked in and saw what they had done I was in awe!  I loved it!  It instantly changed the feel to the house and added 20 years back to it!  The old smell was gone and it looked like a brand new house!
Our Kitchen BEFORE!

I finished putting on the cabinets in the main part of the kitchen last night.  We still have the pantry cabinets to do (they are soooo big!)  I plan on having that done in the next week and will post pics again when it's all complete!

Kitchen AFTER!!!




2 comments:

  1. Looks so good- cant wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet! So glad you like it! I am so happy with it...more to come soon!!! Laundry Room/Office is next!

    ReplyDelete